quick note on git and a question

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Dec 1 21:59:45 CET 2010

On Wednesday, December 1, 2010, Ian Monroe wrote:
> So as was discussed on IRC last week, I'm going to be working on
> converting kdelibs and kdebase to git. 1 repo for kdelibs and 3 for
> kdebase (workspace, runtime, apps). My goal is to have it done this
> month.

we heart you.

> bit complicated due to all the moves plasma went through, especially
> in the early 4.0 timeframe. You all know kdebase the best so I'll be
> asking for your help.
>
> One question I have is, especially in light of the three requested
> repos for kdebase, do we want pre-4.0 history in git? KOffice

imho, we can always consult svn for that history. pre-4.0 is not particularly
interesting for plasma at all given how much happened post-4.0. it would be
pretty much just for historical documentation purposes, which the old svn is
just fine for.

you should also consult the kwin team about what their needs are (though i
wouldn't be surprised if they were fine with 4.0 as being the epoch in git for
them as well...)

humru othro a kohnu se