windows and default activity assignment

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Dec 1 08:00:00 CET 2010

For me, both approaches have drawbacks - either I need to set a group
of windows to be on one activity only, or to set them to be on all
activities.

There are a few things more that need to be done for 4.7:
- In 'Adwanced Window/Application Settings' - show on specified/all activities
- an application should be able to request to be on all activities
(because it handles them internally - kmail, kopete..., or don't care
at all about them - amarok, yakuake...)

I don't mind postponing this for 4.7, but it is something that we will
need at some point - since it is more natural. (the document vs other
app distinction is problematic - see gimp in MDI mode)

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard