kdereview: adjustable clock

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:00:22 CEST 2010

On Thursday 26 August 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, August 26, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> > > should be home of all addons, instead of own module, except few which
> > > could be in kdebase, like for example showdekstop) than wait next ten
> > > months...
> >
> > difference is between what is part of the "official" release ot not
> > also whathas the same release/freeze cycle and what can be independent
>
> if we had someone who was dedicated enough to do interim releases, i think
> it'd be pretty cool to do more frequent releases from the feature branch of
> kdeplasma-addons. they are small components which are pretty easily tested;
> one release per month would be fine for kdeplasma-addons imho (though
> rather disastrous for things in kdebase :). we'd still want to do releases
> with the main SC, though, and that would mean branching kdeplasma-addons
> off for new feature work when the SC strats going into the various freeze
> states. sounds like something that would be far less painful to do with
> git than svn, and lacking someone who would do the releases on a regular
> basis it's all a moot point anyways.
>
> i'd still like to see a "Plasma Approved" collection of widgets and a
> "others". in fact, i'd move some of the items from kdeplasma-addons to

I would really like that as well, there is stuff that is really not up to par.
my only concern was about people complaining stuff disappeared from one
release to the other, would having an extragear package be enough for
retrocompatibility or are we condemned to carry those in the main modules
forever?

Cheers,
Marco Martin