preview in wallpaper dialog

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 11 22:08:14 CEST 2010

On August 11, 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> which brings me to the next issue: sharing the previewer. this could be
> done by sharing the delegate that paints the items via Plasma::Wallpaper,
> requiring a view with a model that provides the BackgroundDelegate roles.

actually, looking at the code, it seems that it would be better to just
provide the whole view and hide the delegate. this will allow standardizing
things such as icon vs list and what not. i'm a little concerned about
sharing this via libplasma though ... it would mean a couple more private
classes and one more method in Plasma::Wallpaper specific to configuration
 UI which would return a QAbsractItemView or some-such.

i thought about making it possible for a Wallpaper plugin to provide a
QAbastractModel, but the Wallpaper really needs to be able to decide where
 to put the listing in its configuration.

humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F
 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43