[Nepomuk] Activities and desktop events - Results from the meeting

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Wed Aug 4 10:42:40 CEST 2010

On 08/03/2010 09:17 PM, Ivan Čukić wrote:
>> standardQuery( ResourcesForActivityQuery, ResourceTerm(activity) )
>> &&
>> standardQuery( ResourcesForApplicationQuery, ResourceTerm(app) )
>> &&
>> standardQuery( MostImportantResourcesQuery )
>
> Ok, works for me.

very good.

>> how so? and which approach is better? Adding dedicated methods for all
>
> The only thing I have against it is that we are limited to one
> parameter - it gets a bit dirty if at some point we decide we need to
> have standard queries with more params*.
>
> Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied.

Like I said: we can always add more methods like the dateRangeQuery one.
But at some point the question becomes: which are actually standard
queries and which are so specific they better fit in the app using them.
I think we should already evaluate that now and think of use cases for
all the queries we provide.

> * it could probably be done via varargs or something if needed...

urgh... mabye using a QVariantList or even a QList<Term> is a more
Qt'ish approach here. ;)

Cheers,
Sebastian