[Nepomuk] Activities and desktop events - Results from the meeting

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Tue Aug 3 20:28:43 CEST 2010

On 08/03/2010 06:20 PM, Ivan Čukić wrote:
>> - only resources that have an event related to the app
>
> ^^ to be used instead of the 'recently opened documents'

ok

>> both do not really seem useful though as IMHO there would be too many
>> false-negatives.
>
> If the app uses this system to notify us of open/modify/close events,
> there wouldn't be any false-negatives. If not, then it can't really
> expect the above to work.

ok

>> please check the attached header and tell me if the API is acceptable. I
>> did not define special standard queries for "fav res of type X" since
>> that ca easily be done via:
>
> How do we get MostImportantResources for a specific activity?
> Intersecting the results of MIR and
> resources-related-to-DE-related-to-activity?

See the attached second version. It includes a Term parameter for the
standard queries which allows to specify the activity. I used a Term
instead of a Resource to be open for future queries that might be
parametrized differently. What do you think of that?

And I also added a hint as to how standard queries can be combined to
get the desired behavior.

Cheers,
Sebastian