keeping documentation up to date, e.g. Plasma Theme docu

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Apr 29 02:30:46 CEST 2010

hey all ...

look, i know how much keeping documentation up to date is boring, crappy and
feels like a less-than-productive way to spend our time. but without
documentation people can't make things with plasma. it's just that simple.

i've been trying very hard to keep the javascript api's documented. this has
been an arduous task, but one that i'm generally staying on top of. so i know
how it goes. the trick is to document as we go so that it doesn't pile up into
a mountain and we forget things.

but some of our docs are so badly out of date that it's going to take a large
effort to get them back into shape. this is very disappointing. one example is
the documentation for what goes into a Plasma Theme.

we have to fix this. in the case of the Plasma Theme documentation, i'd really
appreciate it if those who have been adding things to Plasma Theming would
take some time to update the techbase page. in generally, though, let's all
try and stay a bit more aware of the issue of technical documentation.

thanks :)

humru othro a kohnu se