Review Request: basic activity manager

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 07:01:49 CEST 2010

> /trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/desktop/shell/plasmaapp.cpp
> <http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3780/#comment4681>
>
>     again, not sure we want containments really associated too much with
> the activity manager. it should be fully self-contained and not need to
> know which containment it is associated with.
>
>     in the case where it is embedded in an existing ControllerWindow (e.g.
> panel toolbox -> activities), we already have one so we know where to show
> it and which orientation it should take.
>
>     in the case where it is being called up directly via
> PlasmaApp::showActivityManager, i think it should just always be at the
> bottom of the screen as a horizontal strip. which means we don't need a
> containment.
>
>     the corona can be gotten from PlasmaApp.

the most irritating use of m_containment is to place the view on its screen
and desktop. the widgetexplorer probably should still use this to be sure that
doubleclicking an applet sends it to the containment expected (especially with
view-per-desktop)... but this isn't so important for the activity manager.

do I really need to bother setting the screen at all? or can I assume it'll
magicallly go to the Right one?
if I do need to set the screen, what's the best thing to set it to? the
current screen (if something can tell me that)?

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com