Review Request: [Quicklaunch] Refactoring of the Quicklaunch applet

Ingomar Wesp ingomar at wesp.name
Mon Apr 26 15:48:27 CEST 2010

>>> And I think the column setting is unnecessary... no? :)
>>
>> I'm afraid I'm not sure what you are referring to.
>> Do you mean the ability to set the maximum number of columns in vertical
>> formfactors?
>
> No, in horizontal formfactors there's an option to force the number of
> columns, it's just a checkbox...

Ah, now I think I know what you mean ;)

If I'm right, you are referring to the planar form factor (applet on desktop /
in plasmoidviewer). If you would see "Force column settings" in the settings
of the quicklaunch applet in a horizontal form factor (for example, in a
horizontal panel), that would be a bug …

Currently, the configuration settings are (actually, the underlying settings
are the same, but the user visible strings are different):

formFactor == Plasma::horizontal:
  Force row settings
  Max rows count
else
  Force column settings
  Max column count

But you are right that "Force column settings" is probably unnecessary in a
planar form factor (at least I'm having trouble finding a use case for that).
If you can confirm that I'm understanding you right, I'll remove the
visibility for this setting in this case.

Best regards,
Ingo