Plasma-Netbook Mockups

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Sat Apr 10 00:07:57 CEST 2010

Am Freitag 09 April 2010 23:08:48 schrieb Marco Martin:

> well, it's not really easy to identify what windows belong to the same app,
> that's one of the reasons the taskbar in plasma-desktop right now lists
> windows, and they are grouped by name, that is an heuristic that may or may
> not be the correct

Ugh. I thought in times of dbus such evil hacks are no longer needed. ;-)

> > Just now I had another idea: Wouldn't it be possible to implement
> > multitouch gestures on touchpads that support them? Eg swipe left/right
> > to switch between activities/pages?
>
> no multitouch on X for now.

And as an idea for the future?

> right no you don't have a minimize button at all in netbook mode:
> if there is no taskbar and if the desktop can be selected as any other
> window, the minizmize button has exactly no use.

Right.

> well, dragging a window to the other screen is quite easy :)
> (interestingly enough, one could also experimen on running plasma desktop
> on the second monitor and netbook on the little one, if the computer is
> powerful enough...

Is this possible?
Surely as different X screens, but within one session?

> xephyr, virtualbox..
> way suboptimal but gives an idea

I also get a rough idea by launching plasma-netbook on my notebook. I meant a
real-world scenario with an actual netbook and an external monitor. I don't
think my friend lets me abuse her netbook for my experiments. :-p