Anti (gran)parents panel removing

Alex Fiestas alex at eyeos.org
Wed Apr 7 17:23:12 CEST 2010

Hi there!

A few weeks ago, my parents removed the panel, and you can imagine the
difficulty of indicating by phone how to restore it, actually I ended up
explaining how to open a port in the router, execute krfb etc... that resulted
easier than adding a new panel, add the basic plasmoids etc...

So, I've been thinking a bit about how to fix the problem, without striping
functionalities from plasma-desktop, and this is what I got:

When a panel is added, plasma would check if there are no other panels, and if
so, a new panel will be added with the default set of plasmoids, maybe by
using the default configuration kde comes with.

Anyway, this email is not really to propose a solution, but to share the
experience.

Thanks!