Subject: Re: [GSoC] Proposal: Authentication for scripted plasmoid downloaded from the web

Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) polentino911 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 00:33:00 CEST 2010

Hi all,
after reading some comments on my proposal, I've performed a couple of
changes on the implementation details and the timeline, so it should fit
better the GSoC schedule now :)
To be more precise, I've also included improving PlasMate in order to show a
widget to easily create and manage the private and public keys, along with
the possibility to export the public keys.
The Publish widget will be improved as well, showing a "Sign" checkbox that
will allow the developer to choose which key, from the ones previously
created, will be used to sign the plasmoid before the install/upload
process.
By doing this, at the end of the GSoC schedule, plasma will have one
application to authenticate the plasmoids - the plasma widget explorer - and
an other tool to sign them, PlasMate :)
The link to the full proposal is
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2010/diego_casella/t127038771188
I'm looking for your thoughts and comments,
Cheers

-- Diego