Ideas/Mockups for Mobile System Tray (GSoC)

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 10:43:19 CEST 2010

> it works because plasmoids are either on the systray or in the expanded
> view,
> never in both

I see. Just a thought - how about hiding the icons in the systray (or even
the whole systray itself) during expanded 'activated' state, so that all the
icons are 'moved' to the overlay, and are thus only in one place?

> in the sense: your first mockup is a fullscreen window, so it totally
> interrupts the user work.
> i think this is fine for phone calls, not anything else, that should be
> more
> discrete

Okay got it. I just had another idea - how bout if I scrapped the
full-screen window thing (so there is only 1 notification 'mode' now), and
instead create an additional "notification display" plasmoid that looks and
works just like my first mockup? That way if I have an application open
it'll never get in my way since the desktop and its plasmoids are
underneath. But if I have it in my pocket (which should mean I don't have an
app open) then when I take it out it's the first thing I see on the desktop.

It might be nice to have such a plasmoid in Plasma Desktop and Plasma
Netbook too I think :)

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/