Review Request: [Quicklaunch] Refactoring, layout fixes and a drag & drop marker.

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Sun Apr 4 03:43:37 CEST 2010

Am Freitag 02 April 2010 20:49:48 schrieben Sie:

> > > I'm currently using the outer linear layout because I need a spacer
> > > (stretch) that pushes the icons to the top (for horizontal
> > > panel/desktop) or to the left (in vertical panels) if there is more
> > > space available than needed.
> >
> > Uhm well I'm worried...
>
> So am I. The current behavior relies too much on the interaction of the two
> layouts and the size hints provided by the IconWidgets and is therefor too
> hard to grasp by just looking at the code.
>
> > The icons are not center-aligned?
>
> They are not currently, but that would be easy to change.
>
> Please note that we are talking about horizontal alignment in horizontal
> panels / vertical alignment in vertical panels. The icon alignment forced
> by the spacer will only have an effect when the applet is given more than
> it's preferred width (horizontal panel) or height (vertical panels /
> desktop).
>
> For this case it felt more natural to me to have the icons left (or top)
> aligned rather than have them centered. If this behavior is not desired,
> changing it would be extremely easy.
Mmh... I don't know what the others think about this, but for me centered was
more natural... opinions from the list? :)

And I noticed that multiple row support is gone at the moment it seems :/

All in all it looks very nice... I need to think about the icon-size-
configurations still... :/

Thanks,

Lukas