Containment view

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Apr 1 23:47:57 CEST 2010

On April 1, 2010, todd rme wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> >> Here it is.
> >
> > it's a bug and crash in Qt. what version of Qt are you using?
>
> 4.6.2-107.1 (openSUSE version).  Are you sure the bug is the fault of
> Qt?  The code is based on the screensaver corona's add widget dialog,
> and it doesn't crash.  Neither does the desktop corona version.  I
> would think that if everything else works fine, but my program
> crashes, then the problem is probably in my program, right?

not necessarily; you could just be doing things in an order that triggers a
crash in Qt. in particular, it looks like during the creation of the widget
exporer, the tooltip is being created and set up and Qt is barfing on that. it
shouldn't, but that's what it is doing.

perhaps you could commit your code and we could work this out together. please
commit it to /trunk/playground/base/plasma/shells/

humru othro a kohnu se