No signals from Plasma.ComboBox?

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:09:52 CEST 2009

Hi

Firstly, it has been *AGES* since I've coded Qt/KDE and this is my first
endeavor into Plasma so I'll probably be sending a lot of newbie questions,
but I'll promise that I'll do my best to google for the answers first.

I'm trying to connect the activated or textChanged from a Plasma.ComboBox
signal to a Python function but nothing seems to happen. This is  what I've
tried inside my init() function (most is snipped out):

        self.currency_to = Plasma.ComboBox(self.applet)
        QObject.connect(self.currency_from,SIGNAL("activated(PyQt_PyObject)"),self.do_convert_from)

    def do_convert_from(currency_from):
        print "Convert from:" + currency_from

But when I select an item in the combo nothing happens; no errors or anything.

I've also tried:

        QObject.connect(self.currency_from,SIGNAL("activated(string)"),self.do_convert_from)

but to no avail.

If anyone can point me to a Python Plasmoid I can study I would appreciate it.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

  Thomas Olsen