netbook irc meeting

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 23:58:59 CEST 2009

On Monday 21 September 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > > swap position you mean? if so, why?
> >
> > just to have the close window button in the same position in upper right
> > corner as normal windows,
>
> ah, yes, that's important.
>
> > but i don't tink is a really important thing, and
> > since the present windows is triggered at the upper left corner it could
> >  make sense to leave the button that triggers the same effect near to it
>
> those two things (close window and show windows) could be separate?

i think a single applet is the best way, it makes a single "tiny titlebar"
concept
maybe keeping the trigger corner for the effect at left and the applet at
right won't be terrible...

> a "tabbed browser" approach might also work where each running app appears
> as a tab entry at the top next to newspaper and search; but then we run
> into the usual task bar space issues. hm.. no, pretend i never said that ;)

> > > this could also be in the newspaper page itself to save space in the
> > > activitybar?
> >
> > in the toolbox maybe?
>
> makes sense. were also going to want to do a custom toolbox eventually i
> think. the current one is functional but doesn't really work with the
> layout.

yeah, i think it would make sense a button that opens in a tiny horizontal
strip always in the opposite position from the panel.
kinda low urgency, i think will be in 4.4 if there will be time, but if it's
going to be 4.5 not huge deal

--
Marco Martin