Generic view widget for Plasma

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 21:29:49 CEST 2009

On Sunday 20 September 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On September 18, 2009, David Palacio wrote:
> > * The private Plasma::Style should be extended to let the scrollarea and
> >  view items be painted in the current theme style.
>
> we already have one item delegate in libplasma, we i suppose we could have
> another.
>
> exporting Plasma::Style is not an option as we have no idea whether that
> what we can commit to in the longer term.
>
> > * Export the different view widgets to Plasma.
>
> this is a possibility. i was half-waiting for the new Qt M/V stuff to
> emerge, but i suppose we can only hold our breath for so long.
>
> iirc Lancelot and FolderView both have some M/V integration. the device
> notifier being ported to QGV will also need something.

we have a mv-ish in various places
don't know about lancelot
-folderview uses qt models and does custom painting of all the items in a
single actual qgraphicswidget
-krunner and the netbook sal uses a qgw per item and no qt models
-the mediacenter uses a qgw per item but qt models

not sure what is the best approach...
 implementing similar things over and over again is really not good, but i
kinda feel a -really- working mv implementation in our api is really a big
commitment for us (and would be thrown away anyways)

couldn't we live with graphicswidgets in a scrollwidget for a while? (but
yeah, we can hold our breath for so long..)

--
Marco Martin