Now Playing & Urls

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Thu Sep 17 22:27:35 CEST 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 18:05:59 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not all script engines (e.g. webkit) can use QPixmap from the data and
> sometimes file path is useful (if artwork is not set I would like to show
>  jpg from the same dir). This patch adds Url & ArtUrl fields to data. Ok to
>  commit or should I find another solution?

Well, the only thing that concerns me is that if the widget and engine are on
different machines (which is entirely possible, since one of the GSoC projects
was to allow just that), the URLs will not be valid for the widget.

Perhaps a note in the help text that the URLs are only valid if the applet and
engine are running as the same user on the same machine?

CC'ing plasma-devel (NB: I'm not subscribed) to solicit opinions on this.

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett