QtScript bindings

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 18:35:55 CEST 2009

> smoke based? have you looked into the qscript generator that Kent @ Qt
> has been working on (for a long time now ... i wonder why there isn't more
> news about it by now...)

Please check with Kent whether there has been any change on this but
last I looked
at the binding generator (shortly after he announced the project on
the Qt Labs site)
it produced enormous binding libraries - both in terms of on disk
space and increased
private memory usage.  I think it was on the order of ~19MB non-shared
writable memory per application using
full QtCore and QtGui bindings.

Again, that is a figure from memory which I have not checked with a
recent version of the generator and I'd appreciate it
if someone could verify whether this problem still exists.

Regards,
Robert.