QtScript bindings

Tommi Mikkonen tjm at cs.tut.fi
Tue Sep 15 11:22:57 CEST 2009

Marco Martin wrote:
> the api of plasma widget is limited to protect the simple js bindings, in the
> full ones there could be the access to nativeWidget() i suppose, so they could
> have the full api of the underlying embedded qwidget

Doing this would result in an extremely powerful scripting system.
Based on our experiments, I would think that one could compose
both simple apps and mashups based on web content (assuming
that networking and xml processing APIs are also opened). This
in turn could bring onboard folks that are used to composing
apps in the web using JavaScript. With Plasma, these apps
would simply look cooler and be in place instantly without
any browser frames etc.

tjm