QtScript bindings

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon Sep 14 20:05:16 CEST 2009

We already talked about this on IRC, so just recording for everyone else.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On September 14, 2009, Ian Monroe wrote:
>> Do you want bindings of the chunks of the Qt api + Plamsa API? Or just
>> a simplified subset of the Plasma API?
>
> both, as separate entities; and we already have the latter in fairly decent
> shape at this point.
>
>> If its the former, we should talk. :) I've started the very beginnings
>> of a Smoke-based binding.
>
> smoke based? have you looked into the qscript generator that Kent @ Qt has
> been working on (for a long time now ... i wonder why there isn't more news
> about it by now...)

This is what Amarok already uses. We have a long torrid history
together (I ported it to cmake, and then later pissed off all the
distros by requiring it as a separate dependency).  The problem is
that uses massive amounts of memory.

> in any case, yes, we are -quite- interested in full qt+kdelibs QScript
> bindings

Cool. I'll be emailing later today or tomorrow and we can get started
in Gitorious. I'm also going to email Kent to make sure I'm not
pulling a Brisbane.

Ian