Review Request: plasmapkg & wallpaper

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:51:14 CET 2009

On 29/10-2009 17:09 "Aaron Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> /trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/plasma/tools/plasmapkg/main.cpp
> <http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/2006/#comment2217>
>
>     with this there really is no point in having "upgrade". the idea is
>  that install should always be safe and not silently obliterate something
>  that already exists there just because of a naming collision.

It was also mentioned in http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2009-
October/008738.html but at that time I hadn't thought of name collision.
Maybe the better solution would be to let plasmapkg be more verbose and maybe
add a "--force-overwrite" option or something like that.

I don't know if Plasma::PackageStructure->uninstallPackage() has any error
checking (couldn't find it on websvn) but it has failed for me at some
occasions where it removed the content and not the directory therefore letting
plasmapkg fail on both -i and -r.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

  Thomas Olsen