Activities service in KDEreview

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Thu Oct 29 11:48:42 CET 2009

On Thursday 29 October 2009 10:41:01 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > As I understand the code, current activity is globally modal?
>
> Yes. Although plasma will be the main manager of activities, other
> applications can be as well.

That's interesting, but I am interested in the UI implications of having a
single modal current activity.  That implies that exactly one activity is
visible at one time - including in such exotic setups as second monitors.  How
does your model handle that?

I have reviewed all the old "activity", "overview" and "nepomuk" threads on
panel-devel@ but I couldn't find an answer - please point me if it was
discussed already elsewhere.

Will