plasmapkg -r failed

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 21:57:11 CEST 2009

On October 23, 2009 04:07:19 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> I was fiddling with my Currency Converter Plasmoid and suddenly I couldn't
> install it with "plasmapkg -i currency-converter-0.3.plasmoid". I already
>  had run "plasmapkg -r currency-converter" but tried to do it again to no
>  avail as the error message said that it wasn't installed.
> It turned out that the removal had failed to remove the directory
> ~/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/currency-converter. When I manually
>  removed it the installation succeeded. Maybe plasmapkg should be a bit
>  more verbose in the error messages?

yes, it should; patches welcome ;)

it would also be nice if plasmapkg -i would behave like plasmapkg -u when the
plasmoid's already installed. I shouldn't have to remember whether or not I've
installed it before and type different commands, that's silly :P

if anyone's got some free time, these would probably be quite easy to fix... :)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com