OT: Thanks!

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:16:57 CEST 2009

> About the name confusion: are there any reasons for Plasmoids also being
> referred to as Applets and Widgets? Widgets is a specially confusing term
>  as at least I think of Qt Widgets when used.

Widget = any sort of little doodad you can add to your desktop. plasmoids,
google gadgets, osx dashboard widgets, etc... that group of things seemed to
already have "widget" as the most common name before plasma came along.

Plasmoid = a plasma-specific widget.

Applet = the class within libplasma that all plasmoids inherit.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com