PlasMate ~ UI and other stuff

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 03:52:21 CEST 2009

> not sure about making it an overlay: has it enough "value" to be always
> shown
> or can be usually hidden and shown only when needed?

Yeah, that's what I meant - as in the mockup, usually there's only a little
button at the bottom area, clicking the button toggles the timeline overlay
effect.

Well, until we find out a solution, using them tabbed (just try moving one
> dock widget over another) can help, but at the cost of more clicks, so a bad
> interface.

Yep, I tried out tabbing - didn't like it. Another issue with tabbing is the
different sizes of the dockwidgets - it looks ugly when you stack two
differently sized dockwidgets together :) In any case I'd rather just leave
it the way it is so it continues to bug us until we find a proper resolution
:P

> What about making the siebar into a toolbar? Or make it smaller?

Yeah, that's essentially what I was suggesting :)

> I think you have an idea about how to 'run' a scripted plasmoid, so, whats
> needed at this point to add that to Plasmate?

Already done.

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/