KWindowSystem::windowGeometries() ?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Oct 7 17:56:58 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 07 of October 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> in Plasma we have a little class used to abstract the construction of
> xatoms used basucally only by us to trigger/control particular kwin
> effects. now, another convenience function we need is to fetch the
> geometries of a certain group of windows (that can be any list of ids) (see
> http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/1800/)
>
> Now this type of function probably could make sense in KWindowSystem since
> is more about generic window management rather than composite effects.

 KWindowInfo::geometry(), KWindowInfo::frameGeometry().

 Hmm, but that is what the reviewboard function calls. And I don't see good
use cases for a library function that is just a loop over this. It appears to
be rather unusual to me to want just geometries of a random group of windows.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 084 672
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz