Initial size and aspect ratio

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 01:21:32 CEST 2009

On 3/10-2009 00:34 "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On October 2, 2009, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > >
> > > does the widget use a top level layout? you should be able to just set
> > > a default reasonable size in the ctor and then the layout can expand
> > > the widget if needed.
> >
> > Yes I have a toplevel layout
>
> the layout should be adjusting the size of the widgets it contains as
>  needed or making sure the Applet item itself is large enough if the
>  minimum size is run into. something is going wrong with the widget
>  layout....

I've always had a love/hate affair with the Qt layout so I guess I'll have too
look into my layout design again. I might be wrong (English is not my native
language as you can see) but from what you're writing I understand that it
shouldn't be necessary to set the size explicitly if the layout is correct?

> > and I now I have set a default size both in
> > init()
>
> it should not go into init() as that will override the user's settings
>  between sessions.

Aha. That makes sense.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen