Review Request: Add a tooltip to battery monitor applet

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Nov 27 00:14:07 CET 2009

On Thursday 26 November 2009 18:01:19 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On November 26, 2009, Kåre Särs wrote:
> > I also thought about extragear/base/plasma/applets/, but that one is
> > empty (dead?).
>
> anything that you wish to package, ship and support can go into extragear
>  (and yes, we do need to open a plasma module in extragear again). a forked
>  version won't happen in addons, however. i mean, really, two battery
>  monitors in the default packages?
>
> in this particular case, i'm ok with a hidden config option. usually i
>  really dislike these things, but it's trivial, will get this issue off my
>  back and will be a nice example later on for why hidden config options do
>  or don't work.

Here's a patch that re-enables this option, with the hidden config option
"showRemainingTime=true". I've commented out the i18n for the label since we're in
string freeze.

It basically moves around a bit of code I had disabled temporarily when I reworked
the layout of the popup and adapts to the better alignment. No tooltip in there,
however.

Should I commit this one?
--
sebas