Reuse calendar applet

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 18:55:10 CET 2009

On Thursday 26 November 2009, Flavio Castelli wrote:
> I'm trying to reuse the plasma calendar applet inside my application.
>
> Currently I've been able to embed the applet but  I have not been able to
> handle the date selection events.
>
> This signal is emitted by the Plasma::Calendar class defined by
> kdebase/workspace/libs/plasmaclock/calendar.h.
> There's an instance of Plasma::Calendar inside of CalendarApplet which is
> accessible by the CalendarApplet::graphicsWidget().
>
> The CalendarApplet class is declared inside of
> kdebase/workspace/plasma/generic/applets/calendar/calendar.h but this file
>  is not installed.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Flavio

this fits in the idea of the reusable plasma part...
yes, would be nice some way of communication between the outside application
and the applets.
right now blindly connecting to graphicsWidget() should work.
the calendar widget right now is kept private since is used just by the
clocks, if there will be enough use cases it could make into the other widgets
some day perhaps

--
Marco Martin