messaging-indicator in kdereview?

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 26 16:03:47 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 05:49:22PM +0100, Sebastian K?gler wrote:
> It seems there's a messaging indicator applet in kdereview since the start of
> November. It doesn't build however (with karmic's packaged libindicate-qt) and didn't
> get any non-scripty activity in more than two months. Also, it's built
> unconditionally, even if its dependency (libindicate-qt) isn't there, another
> breakage. Feature freeze is looming, and I've not seen it proposed for review or at
> least a build fix.
>
> I'd suggest to remove it from kdereview.

It was proposed a while ago but rejected because it doesn't use the
new systray/notifier item spec (a shame the spec dosen't make it clear
that this is an intended use).  So deleting is fine.  It's still a
great deal better than what's in KDE currently and continues to
be developed as a standalone project with support upstream in KMail and Quassel
now.

Jonathan