mouse plugins config

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 09:13:09 CET 2009

On November 23, 2009 17:33:03 Chani wrote:
> On November 23, 2009 17:15:06 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On November 23, 2009, Chani wrote:
> > > 2) when I click the button, the tooltip unshows, right when the user is
> > >  likely to need it most. it shows up again if I move the mouse a few
> > >  pixels, but is there a way to manually show it?
> >
> > hm.. doesn't seem to be, no, which sucks. maybe a label somewhere that is
> > created/shown when needed with appropriate text. a little unfortunate.
>
> unfortunate indeed. there's a way to manually show a tooltip, but then I
>  have to manually position it, and manually re-show it if the mouse moves
>  in&out of the widget.
> unless I can fake a mouse move event :P seems like I'm doing a lot of hacky
> event faking lately.

well, faking a QHelpEvent works. I wish there was a way to tell it to hide a
tooltip as well, so it could go away when I hit esc. I mean, I've changed the
text by that point, if it's not going to update the text it should at least
have the decency to hide the old text...

anyways I'm still not quite satisfied with the tooltip text itself.
what I have right now:
a button in one of the plugin rows: "Click to change how an action is
triggered"
the add button at the bottom: "Add another mouse action"
either kind of button when it's wanting input: "Hold down the modifier keys you
want, then click a mouse button or scroll a mouse wheel here"

I'm wondering if maybe there should only be a tooltip when it wants input.
try it out, see how it feels.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com