mouse plugins config

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 02:33:03 CET 2009

On November 23, 2009 17:15:06 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On November 23, 2009, Chani wrote:
> > 2) when I click the button, the tooltip unshows, right when the user is
> >  likely to need it most. it shows up again if I move the mouse a few
> >  pixels, but is there a way to manually show it?
>
> hm.. doesn't seem to be, no, which sucks. maybe a label somewhere that is
> created/shown when needed with appropriate text. a little unfortunate.

unfortunate indeed. there's a way to manually show a tooltip, but then I have
to manually position it, and manually re-show it if the mouse moves in&out of
the widget.
unless I can fake a mouse move event :P seems like I'm doing a lot of hacky
event faking lately.

"when needed" is tricky too; it seems like I'd have to have every input button
emit signals when it starts & stops wanting input, and then have the UI keep a
count of them and hide the label when there's 0 of them.

this doesn't feel right. I feel like I'm missing something...
I'm gonna go do something else and hope that my subconscious (or someone on
this list) comes up with an answer. :)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com