mouse plugins config

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 06:26:45 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Hugo Pereira Da Costa
<hugo at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> On 11/23/2009 01:15 PM, Chani wrote:
>
> On November 22, 2009 21:47:35 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
>

> Hi Chani,
> just a naive question, why do you use a "sunken" frame to display the
> triggers ? As far as I know this is the only place where things are
> presented this way (usually config have either Tabs, group boxes, or are
> plain flat). Is there a specific reason here ?
>

> it's in a scrollarea. I'll try to get rid of the frame cruft in designer...
>

> actually: setting no-frame on a QScrollArea and keeping the background in
> sync with the main window is a bit tricky (by default QScrollArea has a flag
> background).
> The way I did it in my past Qt code was by setting the QScrollArea viewport
> manually (because the default ones provided by Qt has some flags that it is
> too late for you to change after creation.
> Something like:
>
> QScrollArea* scroll = new QScrollArea();
>
> scroll->setWidgetResizable ( true );
>
> scroll->setFrameStyle( QFrame::NoFrame );
>
> base->layout()->addWidget( scroll );
>
> QWidget *view_port = new QWidget();
>
> scroll->setViewport( view_port );
>
> I don't know how e.g. system-settings do it (in trunk. That was not donne
> for kde4.3 and is therefore bugged, for e.g. oxygen ). Maybe they have a
> more elegant solution.

I didn't change anything for Trunk with regards to this. In KDE 4.2 it
was using a dialog based hack ( but that was changed, first in the
original System Settings and then in the new System Settings, which
was imported a few weeks later ) but the code that handles that hasn't
changed at all between 4.3 and Trunk.... ( except possibly external
application support )

I never recieved any bug reports for it either.