mouse plugins config

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Mon Nov 23 21:49:27 CET 2009

On 11/23/2009 01:15 PM, Chani wrote:
> On November 22, 2009 21:47:35 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
>
>> Hi Chani,
>> just a naive question, why do you use a "sunken" frame to display the
>> triggers ? As far as I know this is the only place where things are
>> presented this way (usually config have either Tabs, group boxes, or are
>> plain flat). Is there a specific reason here ?
>>
> it's in a scrollarea. I'll try to get rid of the frame cruft in designer...

actually: setting no-frame on a QScrollArea and keeping the background
in sync with the main window is a bit tricky (by default QScrollArea has
a flag background).
The way I did it in my past Qt code was by setting the QScrollArea
viewport manually (because the default ones provided by Qt has some
flags that it is too late for you to change after creation.
Something like:

QScrollArea* scroll = new QScrollArea();

scroll->setWidgetResizable ( true );

scroll->setFrameStyle( QFrame::NoFrame );

base->layout()->addWidget( scroll );

QWidget *view_port = new QWidget();

scroll->setViewport( view_port );

I don't know how e.g. system-settings do it (in trunk. That was not
donne for kde4.3 and is therefore bugged, for e.g. oxygen ). Maybe they
have a more elegant solution.

Unrelated:
is "Trigger" the right word ?
I was thinking that user Joe would consider trigger as ... well ...
something to make your gun shoot. But maybe my english is not good enough.

Hugo