mouse plugins config

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:10:21 CET 2009

On November 23, 2009 06:24:35 Michael Rudolph wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 05:39, Chani <chanika at gmail.com> wrote:
> > anyways, I'm not happy with the new strings at the bottom there. not
> > happy at all. any suggestions?
>
> Hi Chani,
>
> I created a little screencast of the plugin configuration work flow.
> (Mainly because I have never done a screencast before and wanted to
> try it once. Perhaps it can be of use to you.) :-)
>
> http://vimeo.com/7772639
>
> As Hans already suggested, the "Add trigger"-button could be placed a
> bit more prominently. I put it on top, but it could sure stay at the
> bottom as well. To get rid of the huge chunk of text at the bottom, I
> broke the work flow up in separate steps. Have a look for yourself, to
> see whether the controls are self explanatory or need a little
> description still. But even if you add little descriptions for each
> step, they could be much shorter and more precise than one large text
> like now. (Assuming you are unhappy because of the amount of text) :-)

broke up the workflow? um, you just added the requirement for an extra
buttonclick.
I already forget half the time that I have to left-click a trigger before I
can change it :)

changing "input here" to "press key" doesn't remove the need for explanatory
text... sadly, it highlights the need for it, because you don't choose a
*mouse* trigger by simply pressing a *key*.

hiding the text until the add-button is clicked would probably be for the
best, though.

I'm still left without ideas as to how to improve the explanatory text itself.
:(

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com