can qtscript plasmoids load C++ qtscript plugins

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 13:32:20 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz)
<morpheuz at openbossa.org> wrote:
> Hey Richard!
>
> On Friday 13 November 2009, 07:44 Richard Dale wrote:
>> The QtScript bindings based on the language indpendent Smoke libraries
>> are going well, and I'm not far short of being able to wrap the Plasma
>> apis.
>
> Just one question: when this is done, we'll be able to "drop" the bindings we
> currently have on kdebase/runtime/plasma/scriptengine/javascript/ ?
No I don't thnk so, I think we want a simple javascript api as well as
a full C++-like api, and possible another security oriented/sandboxed
javascript api too sometime.

> And this
> bindings are just for KDE stuff or you plan to use them for Qt stuff too ?
They will work fine for any apis that have smoke libs - so both Qt and
KDE apis. I don't think they are aimied at scripting C++ apps though,
like the Qt Labs bindings can as they use the standard QtScript
mechanism for wrapping QObjects. The Smoke based bindings wrap
QObjects differently.

-- Richard