Multi-screen widgets on screensaver

David Palacio dpalacio at uninorte.edu.co
Wed Nov 11 03:34:59 CET 2009

On Lunes 09 Noviembre 2009 15:42:21 Aaron J. Seigo escribió:
> On November 8, 2009, David Palacio wrote:
> > I added support to plasma-overlay for multiple screens. For now only
> > tested on a TwinView setup.
>
> nice .. Chani should also review it and give it her thumbs up/down and/or
> other input.
>
> > I am not sure if the work done on lockprocess.cc will work on non
> > Xinerama setups.
>
> this should be sent to Oswald as he maintains that bit of code.

Actually, it should work. It would pick the right root window and map the
correct coordinates. Though, if there is a better way to get the screen under
the pointer, please say.

I would like to get rid of the m_views vector. Nothing meaningful is done with
the views.

plasmaapp.cpp:469
> void PlasmaApp::dialogDestroyed(QObject *obj)
> {
>     m_dialogs.removeAll(qobject_cast<QWidget*>(obj));
>     if (m_dialogs.isEmpty()) {
>         //FIXME multiview
>         //if (m_view) {
>             //this makes qactions work again
>             //m_view->activateWindow();
>         //}
Is this still a problem? I am not sure what problems occur regarding QActions.

Move widgets between screens:
Would be nice, but not essential. I think Kephal helps on this? It is not
documented, though :/