can qtscript plasmoids load C++ qtscript plugins

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon Nov 9 19:06:37 CET 2009

I suspect the answer to the subject is "no" since I haven't found a
mention of a method to do it. But I also haven't found comprehensive
QtScript API docs. :)

My situation is that I want to write a full chat solution in a
qtscript plasmoid using the QtScript Telepathy bindings I wrote. (I'm
guessing a dataengine or service for buddy presence and chatting would
be pretty crazy right?)

It would take a 3 line function to add a "loadScriptPlugin". However
if you wanted to sandbox QtScript plugins then adding such a function
would undo that, since anyone with the qt bindings installed could
write files etc. I'm not sure if thats a security goal you have or
not.

Thanks,
Ian