Python plasmoid configuration interfaces and ui files?

Qwerty Maniac qwertymaniac at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 11:50:10 CET 2009

Perhaps you're looking for the UI -> Python conversion script, like C++s' uic?

It's called 'pyuic4' for PyQt4 and it converts a given .ui file to its
.py equivalent, which you can then use just as in C++.

Read more: http://riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/PyQt4/pyqt4ref.html#pyuic4
(Also read the uic module topic, just above it!)

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Yuen Hoe Lim <yuenhoe86 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So how do .ui files come in the picture with creating configuration
> interface ui in python (and in general scripted) plasmoids? The
> tutorials I find on techbase do not treat this issue, and before this
> I have mainly been overriding the
> Plasma::Applet::showConfigurationInterface to create a settings
> dialog. I noticed (while playing with plasmate) that with a .ui file
> around then my showConfigurationInterface method gets ignored and
> whatever is defined in the ui file gets used instead. But I haven't
> been able to find any documentation on using .ui files with scripted
> plasmoids (with C++ you compile them to C++ code right? What happens
> in python?). Can someone direct me? :)
>
> Thanks,
> --
> ----