Python plasmoid configuration interfaces and ui files?

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 10:40:42 CET 2009

Hi,

So how do .ui files come in the picture with creating configuration
interface ui in python (and in general scripted) plasmoids? The
tutorials I find on techbase do not treat this issue, and before this
I have mainly been overriding the
Plasma::Applet::showConfigurationInterface to create a settings
dialog. I noticed (while playing with plasmate) that with a .ui file
around then my showConfigurationInterface method gets ignored and
whatever is defined in the ui file gets used instead. But I haven't
been able to find any documentation on using .ui files with scripted
plasmoids (with C++ you compile them to C++ code right? What happens
in python?). Can someone direct me? :)

Thanks,
--
----