PlasMate questions

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 05:58:14 CET 2009

> if it's using a QSplitter (which it is iirc?) then you need to set the
> sizes
> of the splitter not the widgets in it.

I dunno, but if it is (using QSplitters), then QMainWindow (which PlasMate's
main window inherits) doesn't seem to expose it =( Seems rather odd that
QMainWindow doesn't provide an obvious way for programmatic adjustment of
the relative dockwidget/centralwidget sizes..

no mockup yet, no. to start with it only needs to ask for a location on disk
> to put the package. the next step would include uploading via
> GetHotNewStuff.

Okay, I'll do up something simple to export packages first. I don't know
much about the uploading gitorious-y stuff, will probably need Diego's help
on that :)

> they just use:
>
> dialogText = i18n( "Filename for clipboard content:" );
> QString file = KInputDialog::getText( QString(), dialogText, QString(),
> &ok,
> widget );

Ok.

if you update kdelibs/kate/ and plasmate, it now works. backup saves are
> saved
> as hidden files (prefixed with '.') and therefore automagically ignored.

ie this has been 'automagically' fixed for me? Great! :)

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/