How to get Akonadi notes onto Plasma?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:08:53 CET 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On October 30, 2009, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> >> would prefer to only show the actual notes in the stack on click so they
> >> could be dragged elsewhere. Obviously the background svg of it should
> >> not be as it is, or the size it currently is. Additionally I need to
> >> give some visual indication of colour in the notes, either the notes
> >> themselves being a different colour, or having a strip of a colour that
> >> can be set etc.
> >
> > these are all doable; i just wonder if it's the best we can do for a UI.
> > i'm not getting any inspired thoughts right now (too early in the day
> > still, i think :) but maybe if i think on it or if someone else comes up
> > with a great idea we could device a nicer more plasma approach to showing
> > stacks of notes.
> >
> >> Would having one master applet and each note as a satellite applet work?
> >
> > it would probably fail in some situations or just be more difficult than
> > necessary to get working properly. when the notes are separated by the
> > user into individual pieces, they should probably just become individual
> > applets.
>
> So could a combined approach work? When new notes are inserted elsewhere
>  and should be represented in plasma too, could it be put into an extender,
>  and then if the extender is dragged out it becomes another plasma applet?
>
> Would it then be possible to drag a detached note back to the stack and
>  into an extender?

i think no point in making them extenders if they are going to be full applets
once detached.

best idea is probably the one rfom sebas, making the notes applet there is now
to manage akonadi urls drop, so in that case would be connected to akonadi and
save there
there would be another applet that would show a simple list view  of the notes
text where is possible to drag notes out (same thing should be possible also
from kjots to look really killer)
not even sure if the listview applet should permit editing at all.

another idea would be an applet that looks like the notes (perhapps that looks
like a stack, another modality for the list view one?) one but has next/prev
buttons and is possible to switch between them

Cheers,
Marco Martin