Qt Kinetic + Plasma Call For Ideas / Project Plan

Akmanalp, Mehmet A makmanalp at wpi.edu
Thu May 28 19:35:20 CEST 2009

2009/5/28 Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at gmail.com>:
> One effect that I would need, that would be an extension of grow/shrink/scale
> is grow/shrink/scale while moving.
> Alternatively, you could make a simple move transition which could be combined
> with g/s/s to achieve the desired effect.
On this, do you think instead of hardcoding animations together,
should we have some sort of thing that handles series and parallel
animations like Kinetic does? So we can tell that we want animations
that happen simultaneously and that happen after eachother? Silly
pseudocode example:

doseries(fadein, doparallel(bounce, blur), fadeout)

would fade in, bounce and blur at the same time, and fade out. Or do
we not need this at this point?

> The second thing is that you could have the animations for all effects - for
> example gradual fade from one image to another like the taskbar buttons do on
> hover...
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by "having the
animations for all effects".

Thanks,
~ mali (http://constant.inople.net/)