Plasma & Netbook

Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Wed May 27 15:17:28 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009, 08:32 Marco Martin wrote:
> still very rough, but achieved in a quite simple way:
> the containment has an horizontal layout of two vertical ones order of
> applets is decided by their saved position and they don't have a standard
> background, there s only one big standard background, that makes the
> composition look less heavy, probably there will be some visual separator
> between the applets and will be needed some totally custom applet handle to
> be able to drag stuff around causing the proper relayout

Very good! :) I still didn't finish the thing I was doing yesterday but lets see
how the day goes. Maybe today I can be back to code :)

> and to be decided how to achieve scrolling (scrolling the view would be
> more tricky but less resource intensive than using something like a
> Plasma::ScrollWidget?)

Yes...thinking about UI, it would be nice to have some kind of indication that
the user can scroll that thing, but wasting space with a scroll widget doesn't
seem right....don't know...what do you guys think ?

Artur Duque de Souza
OpenBossa Research Labs
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia
Blog: http://labs.morpheuz.eng.br/blog/