Plasma & Netbook

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:32:06 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009, Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> Hello everybody! :)
>
> Yesterday's night I committed the first code regarding plasma on netbooks.
> I just created the SAL (search and launch) containment basic files with
> place holders (just to have something :P ). You can find it in
> playground/plasma/netbook/ .

here we go:
playground/plasma/netbook/containments/newspaper

still very rough, but achieved in a quite simple way:
the containment has an horizontal layout of two vertical ones order of applets
is decided by their saved position and they don't have a standard background,
there s only one big standard background, that makes the composition look
less heavy, probably there will be some visual separator between the applets
and will be needed some totally custom applet handle to be able to drag stuff
around causing the proper relayout

and to be decided how to achieve scrolling (scrolling the view would be more
tricky but less resource intensive than using something like a
Plasma::ScrollWidget?)

Cheers