My SoK project - Plasma D-Bus API

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Tue May 26 18:32:46 CEST 2009

Hi all

Just joking about SoK, but while we are in freeze, I'd like to start the
discussion about D-Bus interface for plasma-desktop.

From my point of view, we should have the following:
  - desktop locked state - setters / getters / signals
  - activities
     - current activity set/get/signal
     - add activity (+signal?), remove activity (+signal?)
  - containment handling
     - listing, adding (? + signal?), removing
  - applets
     - listing, adding to containment (? + signal?), removing specific applet
     - removing all applets of a certain type
  - data engines access?

So, fire this up, and after some heated discussion (in a couple of weeks for
example), I'll make a wiki page out of it and after review start coding.

Cheerio!