Plamsa::PopupApplet and modal dialogs

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:49:51 CEST 2009

On May 20, 2009 16:48:01 Amos Kariuki wrote:
> Have a question regarding the Plasma::PopupApplet behavior after it
> displays a modal dialog.  In the current implementation, when a modal
> dialog is opened from the Popup applet, the applet automatically gets
> hidden in the background while the modal dialog is still open.  I was
> thinking the behavior should be that the Popup applet should always
> remain visible if a child modal dialog is displayed.  Is this a
> reasonable default behavior or is it not advisable to display modal
> dialogs from popup-applets?

I don't know the details of why it's hidden... but modal dialogs are evil.
modal dialogs are ten times *more* evil in plasma. modal means you can't
interact with any part of plasma - that includes things like the taskbar.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com