Code snippet review for plasmate

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Fri May 15 17:09:13 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) <
morpheuz at openbossa.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 14 May 2009, 15:29 Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> > plasmate: symbol lookup error:
> > /home/kde-devel/kde/lib/kde4/plasma_wallpaper_image.so: undefined symbol:
> > _ZN6Plasma9Wallpaper17setUsingDiskCacheEb
>
> You didnt do anything wrong :) . Yesterday the API of libplasma changed and
> due
> to that you need to recompile kdebase/workspace/plasma....as plasmate is
> using
> or is linked to plasma_wallpaper_image, which is inside kdebase, plasmate
> is
> having problems too =)

I first recompiled kdebase, it didn't work. Then I recompiled kdesupport,
kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase (make -j3 && make install), and then plasmate.
But it didn't work, I tried running kbuildsycoca4, but still, I get the same
error when i run Plasmate. :( What to do ?

> Cheers,

> Artur Duque de Souza
> OpenBossa Research Labs
> INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia